For doors used in an exterior application, other than as specified herein, and for fire-rated interior doors, this warranty shall survive for one year after the date of shipment from SLCCW. This warranty applies to doors properly sealed, finished and, in the case of exterior applications, hung in a location protected from exposure to direct sun or rain under normal conditions.
For doors used in an interior application (defined as being exposed to controlled interior climactic conditions on both sides of the door), this warranty shall survive for five years after the date of shipment from SLCCW. This warranty applies to doors properly sealed, finished and hung. See specific Fitting and Hanging instructions. The five year warranty on interior doors does not apply to fire-rated interior doors, doors with resin panels, or doors used in commercial, hospitality or multi-family applications, in which case, the one year warranty will apply. The five year warranty applies only to the original end-user and is not transferable.
SLCCW warrants that standard clear insulated glass units will not, for a period of five (5) years after the date of shipment from Simpson, develop material obstruction of vision between the interior glass surfaces caused by failure of the hermetic seal. This warranty shall not apply to units with broken glass, glass units installed by others, or units that have retrofit films applied. Simpson's liability under this warranty shall be limited to shipping a replacement glass unit.
All leaded glass doors are expertly crafted with metal alloys providing maximum strength and performance. The architectural type glass used in these doors has unique characteristics and may vary slightly in color or texture. Leaded glass doors meet the Consumer Product Safety Commission Federal Standard on architectural glazing materials and each unit is etched with this requirement. Insulated leaded glass (I.G.) units are triple glazed (clear 1/8" tempered glass on each side of leaded glass).
Insulated leaded glass (I.G.) units are guaranteed for five (5) years after shipment from SLCCW against hermetic seal failure.
All clear flat glass and non-leaded beveled clear glass is tempered, meeting ANSI Z 97.1 and the Consumer Product Safety Commission Federal Standard on architectural glazing materials and each unit is etched with this requirement.
Insulated clear and Low-E glass are tempered, meeting ANSI Z 97.1 and the Consumer Product Safety Commission Federal Standard on architectural glazing materials. All insulated glass (I.G.) units are guaranteed for five (5) years after shipment from SLCCW against hermetic seal failure.
The following are not defects in workmanship or material and are not covered by these written warranties:
1. Damage caused by attempts other than SLCC to repair the door.
2. Failure to properly seal the door. All edges must be sealed within 72 hours after fitting and hanging with the integrity of the finish maintained.
3. Natural variations in the color or texture of the door.
4. Doors or door components that are not finished and hung in accordance with the Care and Finishing instructions; and doors/components that are exposed to direct sun or rain under normal conditions.
5. a. For doors over 3’6” width or 8’0” in height, warp is excluded from the warranty; warp not exceeding 1/4” in the plane of the door itself. b. Addressing claims due to warp may be deferred for up to 12 months from the date of the claim in order to allow the door to acclimate to local humidity and temperature conditions. This deferral will not be counted against the warranty period.
6. Defects caused by (1) warp or bow of the frame or jamb in which the door is hung or (2) improper installation such that the door does not swing freely.
7. Damage caused by improper handling or on-site storage. Storage damage includes moisture in doors due to humidity.
8. Panel misalignment or shrinkage is not considered a defect.
9. The performance or appearance of finishes applied is not covered.
10. Expansion of bottom rail due to climate conditions is not considered a defect.
11. Damage caused by extreme temperature build-up where a storm door or dark paint or stain is utilized.
12. Failure to perform normal homeowner's maintenance, including maintaining the finish.
13. Surface checking of hardwoods is considered a natural characteristic and is not covered by this warranty.
14. Defects caused by inadequate overhang.
15. Damage or defects caused by house settling or acts of God.
Copyright © 2023 Salt Lake City Custom Woodworking - All Rights Reserved.